In Korea, lots of self-defense techniques were taught and incorporated in every martial art institution. These martial arts are mostly originated from their country and were brought and instructed to the whole world. One of these is a martial art called Chun Kuk Do.
Chun Kuk Do is an excellent form of martial art that was initially created by Chuck Norris. For those of you who do not know who Chuck Norris is, he is an actor, a martial artist, and a military man at the same time. Although this martial art is Korean-based, its styles and concepts mainly focus more on American combating styles.
This martial art style is not that soft when it comes to offense. It comprises hard blowing techniques that make it genuinely efficient and well-rounded.
It is considered a complete martial art. Typically, it is a mix of Tang Soo Do and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Chun Kuk Do is a competitive sport for anyone interested in martial arts.
Chun Kuk Do consists of a code of honor and several rules that build and develop a practitioner’s character. These rules, which are from Chuck Norris’ code includes:
- I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.
- I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to more significant achievements.
- I will continually work at developing love, happiness, and loyalty to my family.
- I will look for the good of everyone and make them feel worthwhile.
- If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing.
- I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
- I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness.
- I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times.
- I will always remain loyal to my God, my country, my family, and my friends.
- I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life; a positive attitude helps my family, my country, and myself.
These rules are not only considered a motivation in building one’s character but also develop discipline, which is significant in martial art training.